8:49 PM

World's Worst Blogger

      One who is in the know informed me that this blog is the dullest ever; another person in the know pointed out that   what I need is to learn to use a computer.  Well, duh; I mean, um, I guess the phrase my faltering fingers fumble for would be ,uh, It's good to have around some people in the know,( aka teenagers).

      "You've grown fat!" everyone exclaims on seeing me.  When I encountered Donna Duan, she said the same thing, flinging her arms out wide as if to illustrate my tremendous girth as she marveled.  While I know that all this greeting really means is "You are looking good", (and to grow thinner means the opposite!), it still takes a little reminding myself that what they are thinking is that I have actually survived to come back, no small miracle.
       The last couple of days were spent clearing out the apartment in THP.  One day I tended baby Mengyun while her mother worked.  She is a fussy baby, and I don't think the formula supplement is helping the situation at all.  Dorcas (who is the age I was when Christian was born---and she thought she was old!) told more about her struggle to accept the baby, and said one who really encouraged her is a sister we knew way back.  This lady has a 19 year old girl, and had had a hysterectomy when the Lord surprised her with the birth of another daughter!   I would love to see that baby, too!  I then had my first chance to present my new set of fetal dolls from Heritage House, and I can say the reaction was profound and gratifying!  As she felt of the tiniest doll, a light came on visibly as she realized that we were talking a real human being, not a blob, as she had been duped into thinking (the kind of thinking that helps keep this the abortion capitol of the world.)  Seeing that light come on was strong incentive for me to seek more chances to show the dolls, who speak for themselves quite eloquently.
      We were invited to Lydia's for supper where we were presented with a freshly-bathed, adorable  cream puff pup, the son of Eenie and Chicken.  If Frank had not seen fit to decline the gift, I would no doubt be nurturing a warm little ball of fluff under my sweater right now.  
       The compoications of life snow one under, and then you hear Habbakuk singing, "Yet I will rejoice..." !  I found myself playing over and over piano renditions of his theme as my heart began to rejoice....and sprout eagle wings to mount up and over.   Then the perspective is wholly changed !
     
  

1 comments:

fivetolove said...

Your blog is neither mundane nor boring...the only thng it's missing is picutres of all YOU guys!! ANd I would love to see a picture of the fetal doll set. Do you celebrate Christmas over there or not? Does everyone else you know do so? Love to all!