2:14 AM

Two Little Piggies Came Home




"To market, to market to buy a fat pig, Home again, home again, jig-a-jig- jig, " goes one nursery rhyme, and then we all know about the five little piggies....well, three  went to market and brought two home yesterday, and they've been crying "wee wee wee" ever since.    Baby talk translated, this means we bargained for and acquired two lovely guinea pigs who are vocal artists, (plus a "pig sty" to keep them in.)  Piggin is a beautiful tri-color who enjoys piggin' out on cilantro, also a favorite with Hogla, who looks like a (chocolate) panda.


A mystery that has had us guessing ever since we arrived in the country was solved today.  What was that  incessant ROLLING sound that resembles a noisy old washing machine in the apartment above us.........turns out my hypothesis was correct :  a cradle rocking a baby!  Hmmm, should be a lullaby to sleep to, I guess.

Near one "hypermarket", we contributed to a beggar set: a frowsy old lady of 91 who was said to be the sole caretaker of the little sleeping girl just 90 years younger.

In my Bible is a precious card given me by a dear lady at the West Coast Christian Conference last summer, and what is written thereon could be life-changing.  Let me share with you as I did with the family this morning:
                                PRAISE
     Aim to praise at all times--over all your mistakes and over all other's mistakes, over all disappointments, and people's blunders.  As the feeling of disappointment comes upon you, you should be watchful--at once rise up against it, and keep clear of it, stop it, commit it to the Lord, let it alone, think away from it, speak happily, keep bright in countenace, never mind what happens, rest, and let it be in God's hands.  Large trouble, small trouble, keen disappointment, light one, keep in praise and faith, and look away from it and yourself, to Jesus.
     You do not know what would happen to you if you would from day to day, hour to hour, moment to moment praise the Lord.  It would eclipse all that you have ever seen.  You would always see Him. There would really come into your being a marvelous change--delights in His own way, and His desires, instead of the desires of the natural man, reveling in His presence, blessing and praising and magnifying His holy Name.
     These are the ones who are overcoming and conquering.
                                      --Martha W. Robinson
                                      !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As I read this morning, "I, even I will sing unto the Lord.............awake, awake, Deborah, awake, awake, utter a song;" (Judges 5 : 3, 12 )  "I will praise thee, O Lord with my whole heart," Psalm 9:1

1 comments:

Jena said...

Dear Saints~
I didn't realize how much I was truley missing all of you untill I looked on your blog. I have had alot of fun seeing what every one is up to. I enjoyed seeing photos of people that you are in contact with. I enjoyed seeing Anna and Chris still the same, and you too Brother and Sister Wu. We here in Canada are praying for you in China. How great God is. He surley dose have the whole world in his hands. With love in Christ and many prayers.
~Sister Jenne'e~
P.s. Mom says hi and she is praying as well and enjoyed your blog.